My game looks like an actual game now!
But first things first. I started a day with finishing up a “Spawn Manager” section. I learnt about coroutines and the way they work. This helped me to make my enemies appear at the different positions on the screen with a certain time difference. Later I also learnt how to make them stop running when the player is “dead”. I was introduced to the concepts of indefinite loop and boolean expressions.
Funnily enough, my biggest issue for the day was to figure out where to find Filebase, how to use it and how to get sprites and audio files into my project. After I have done this successfully, the rest of the “Prototype to Production” section was a piece of cake for me.
I converted all my 3D objects into 2D objects in two different ways. It helped me to set up a game in the way that it actually looks like a game now! I will attach a screenshot below.
I also attended Al’s workshop for the first time today. I cannot say that I understood everything he was explaining, but I definitely learnt some cool tricks and facts.
Anyway, it feels so good not to be stuck on every little button or a detail during developing process. I have more confidence in what I am doing now and hope to start moving faster. Even though I have a feeling that it will only get harder with every section from now on…
See you on Monday!